Friday 2 May 2014

Beauty, Belly, Big fan of

Beauty, Belly, Big fan of

So a new blog brings a new tradition. Somewhere to begin. In these posts we talk about a product we love, a food we cant go without and a little thing that makes life good. It’s a popular theme among bloggers and if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. 

Beauty...
In order to keep the alliteration theme my first beauty big up is going to be Bioderma. It took a while for me to be sold on this due to it being £15 for what seemed to be a product that ‘acts like water’. This seemed to me a silly idea, spending money to imitate water. But it literally does. I’m the dry critter out of the two of us and I love this stuff. I hate the idea of chemicals and perfumes drying out what little moisture God gave me. A little goes a long way and it takes care of all my make up. My latest routine involves using this to remove my make up, follow up with a super-nourishing cleanser (to be reviewed shortly), then another wipe of this holy water. I find it to act as a toner like stage, without the stripping feeling they sometimes bring. So if you are on the fence, jump down and buy this.
Barrel

I'm now going to ruin the alliteration here, because I can. As much as I like to pretend I live somewhere with excellent shopping, I don't- and after watching many people tell me I must have Bioderma (including a recommendation from Barrel) I couldn't get hold of it. But I could get hold of Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water - which was £5 - and I'm now addicted to it! A side effect of buying either of these waters means you obsessively clean your face. I, being the oily spotty one (how attractive), don't like putting lotions and potions on my face but this takes my makeup off and leaves me squeaky clean - what's not to like?  Also my spots and pores have been looking better - I think this is largely due to another product (review to come) but surely my skin wasn't clean before using magic water! 
Bean

Belly...
As I write this, I am marooned on a sofa filled to the brim with chocolate. But that’s ok because it’s Easter Sunday and I don’t feel remotely guilty. In future posts I will try to stick to healthy or adventurous culinary exploits but this time it’s the power of a Creme Egg. They are the balls.
Barrel

After Barrel cooking me a cracking Easter lunch then forcing me to do a YouTube workout (Fitness Blender - look out for a future post), which I resented, I travelled back to my house and ate a fish finger sandwich followed by a banana one. Yes you are correct - 4 pieces of bread within 10 mins. 
Bean

Big Fans of…
Blogging! Woohoo another B to finish things off. We are new to it (hopefully not too obvious) and we are very excited about our new hobby. So if you are reading this and haven’t found it too much drivel then come back soon!

Barrel and Bean

p.s. find us on twitter, we'll be making noise shortly! @barrelandbean


No comments:

Post a Comment